Sustainability is the key to the future
Here at The Chania Hotel, we are committed to sustainable practices and environmental ethics that run through every aspect of our operation.
From the use of recyclable materials to the careful selection of local produce, our day-to-day practice is community centered and evolves around an ecological approach to hospitality. The environment is our home, after all.
Chania Hotel has:
- A thermal facade throughout the building
- Thermal break frames
- State-of-the-art heat pumps
- New generation piping throughout the building to maintain temperature
- Water control valve on all faucets
- Common area taps with photocell
- 100% cotton linen
- Recycling of used oils
- Garbage separation and recycling
- Biodegradable and biological detergents
The hotel operates under the HACCP, ISO and GREEN KEY certifications.